Saturday, May 8, 2010
HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN TO STAR IN THE GENESIS CODE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Santa Monica, May 6, 2010….Hayden Christensen is on board for the lead role in director David R. Ellis’ upcoming thriller THE GENESIS CODE, based on the novel by the same name written by John Case. The film’s screenplay is written by Kevin Bernhardt. Myriad Pictures, who will co-produce the film, owns all rights worldwide, will be selling the film at the upcoming Marche du Film in Cannes.
The producers are Tove Christensen, Myriad’s CEO and President Kirk D’Amico, Michael Mailer and Alvaro Longoria.
The story follows a former national security expert, played by Christensen, who, while investigating the murder of his only sister and her young son, discovers that a religious sect called The Shadow of the Cross may be involved. With the help of his sister’s friend Ana, they follow the clues to a clinic in the mountains of Italy, where a terrifying secret experiment has been conducted – successfully. The results are so threatening to the foundation of the Church that they will do anything to keep it from being revealed.
“We are very pleased to have Hayden on board for this project,” said D’Amico. “His passion for the character of Joe Lassiter and the world he inhabits – of religion, politics and secret operatives – was apparent to all of us involved in the project. It is this kind of commitment that we know will lead to a compelling performance.”
Hayden Christensen will next be seen starring in John Lussenhop’s Takers opposite Matt Dillon and Zoe Saldana and Brad Anderson’s Vanishing on 7th Street opposite Thandie Newton and John Leguizamo. Hayden is involved with the (RED) campaign and recently shot a PSA for them that also features Bono, Javier Bardem, Don Cheadle, Penelope Cruz, Claire Danes, Hugh Jackman, Julianne Moore, Gabourey Sidibe, Gwen Stefani, The Jonas Bros., among others.
Director David R. Ellis started his career as a stuntman and moved into directing, where he served as 2nd unit director on Harrison Ford’s Patriot Games and Clear And Present Danger. His directing credits include Final Destination 2, Cellular, starring Kim Basinger and Jessica Biel, Asylum, with Sarah Roemer, Snakes on a Plane with Samuel L. Jackson and The Final Destination in 3-D, which occupied the number one spot at the box office when it was released last year.
Kevin Bernhardt wrote the screenplay to the crime-drama The Immortals starring Eric Roberts and Joe Pantoliano and the Tom Berenger thriller Fear of Flying. He wrote the adventure El Americano which will be directed by Amy Redford and Elephant White, which will star Kevin Bacon. He also wrote the screenplay for Peaceful Warrior.
About the producers
* Alvaro Longoria’s Morena Films is based in Madrid and is involved with film production and distribution. Morena co-produced the Che Guevara bio-pic Che: Part I and Che: Part II, which was directed by Stephen Soderburgh and released theatrically in the U.S. by IFC Films.
* Tove Christensen, is one of the film’s producers through Forest Park Pictures. Christensen is best known for producing Shattered Glass and this is his 2nd collaboration with Myriad as they worked together on The Education of Charlie Banks.
* Kirk D’Amico has produced and executive produced a wide variety of feature films including Van Wilder, Jeepers Creepers 2, Death Defying Acts, starring Catherine Zeta Jones and Guy Pearce, and also The Good Girl, starring Jennifer Aniston, and Kinsey, starring Liam Neeson. He is currently an executive producer on the thriller Good Neighbours starring Scott Speedman.
* Michael Mailer was a producer on the James Toback film Black and White, the crime drama Empire for Universal Pictures and The Golden Boys, starring David Carridine.
About Myriad Pictures
Based in Santa Monica, California, Myriad Pictures is a leader in the independent financing, production, distribution and worldwide sales of major motion pictures and television programming. Helmed by President and CEO Kirk D’Amico, the company holds an impressive and diverse library of filmed programming. Mr. D’Amico has been featured as one of The Hollywood Reporter’s Top 50 independent producers.
At the 2010 Cannes Film Market, in addition to The Genesis Code Myriad will be selling:
* happythankyoumoreplease – the 2010 Sundance Film Festival Audience Award Winner stars, was written and directed by Josh Radnor, star of TV’s hit series “How I Met Your Mother”. The film chronicles the lives of three New York couples as they grapple with love and commitment issues, and also stars Malin Ackerman, Zoe Kazan, Kate Mara and Pablo Schreiber.
* EVERY DAY – Liev Schreiber, Helen Hunt and Carla Gugino star in this comedy/drama that World Premiered at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival and was directed by Richard Levine.
* MAIN STREET – Colin Firth, Orlando Bloom, Amber Tamblyn, Patricia Clarkson and Academy Award®-winner Ellen Burstyn star in Academy Award®- winning screenwriter Horton Foote’s last script.
* GOOD NEIGHBOURS – A thriller directed by The Trotsky’s Jacob Tierney, starring Scott Speedman and Jay Baruchel.
For more information on The Genesis Code, the book it is based on and all the latest updates for Hayden Christensen visit the main site at Hayden Christensen Fan News